Those of you who knew me when I was younger, know that I am pretty much the farthest thing from a dancer. I was that girl who stood in the back of the room at bat mitzvah, not in the middle of the dance floor. I was never on the cheerleading or kickline teams, instead I could be found playing basketball or softball. Which is why you may be surprised to find that when it comes to my favorite boutique fitness studio, my answer is…305 Fitness.
Today I’m sharing something a little bit different on the blog. I’m encouraging you to try a new workout, a new class, a new studio…one you would have never pictured yourself stepping into. Had I not tried this wonderful dance cardio workout, I would have never come to love the studio that is 305 Fitness. I’m not gonna lie, I was a little hesitant walking into my first 305 class but it helped to be alongside a friend. Shout-out to my friend, Lauren 🙂 P.S. Make sure to read until the end of this post for some 305 freebies 🙂
305 Fitness is a dance cardio studio, where the workouts include cardio (duh), dance (duh), sprint intervals, sculpting, and toning. In this type of class, you work your entire body without the feel of a bootcamp type of class, and you leave extra sweaty.
There are a few things that make 305 Fitness my favorite workout:
- It’s a non-stop workout. You are constantly moving and I personally love that. I prefer not to stop and chitter-chatter and be shown moves during class (although yes, depending on the type of class, sometimes it is necessary). But at 305, you are moving the entire time, you follow the instructor and just do your thang. If you miss a move, it does not matter. The lights are dim and trust me, no one’s watching you.
- You can really let loose. 305 is FUN. It’s a non-stop dance party. You are encouraged to really get into the moves and let out all that stress. For me, an early morning 305 class is a great way to wake up and kick off my day, and an evening class after work, is a great way to let go of stress and forget about everything else going on.
- The vibes. 305 is all about GIRLS, GIRLS, GIRLS. This is not to say guys can’t take the class too, because they totally can. Hey! Half of 305’s instructors are guys, and there’s usually a handful of guys in the classes I’ve taken. Upon stepping into the 305 studio, you feel empowered and strong and ready to take on whatever life throws your way. The vibes in the studio are just all-around amazing, from the infamous lips on the wall, to their “Make Sweat Sexy” motto to the neon lights in the studio, to the music.
- Ahhh, the music. Another one of my favorite parts. In each 305 class, there is a live DJ, who is bumpin’ the beats. From DJ Khaled’s “Shining” to Beyonce’s “Crazy in Love” the music is always on point. You know when you’re at a club (or really, a bar is more like it for us these days), and you hear that song that just makes you want to dance. Imagine 55 minutes of that. Hello, heaven.
- Their instructors are beyond amazing. They’re energetic and fun and motivating, pretty much everything you’d want in an instructor. When booking a class at 305, you don’t need to check to see which instructor is teaching, you’re guaranteed to get a great one every time. Mark my word.
- The sweat. Those of you who know my workout style, know I love to sweat. There is no better feeling to me than leaving a class dripping sweat, feeling like you’ve just accomplished a whole lot. Now, I know that sweating does not indicate a good workout, you can do an awesome strength training sesh, with minimal sweat, and that’s still an awesome workout. But for me, personally, I like to sweat. Every time I leave 305, I am dripping. My hair is wet, my tank has a huge sweat stain (on the rare chance it’s not black), and I am one happy girl.
Now, I mentioned before, I am not a dancer. But when I’m in that studio, I am literally Beyonce. Or at least, I feel like I am. My body can move, and I can dance! And for those moves that I just can’t nail down…who cares?! The lights are dim and no one can see me, and I am having the time of my life. Mind you, this is still a workout. Ever heard someone say they’re having the time of their life during a workout? 😉
When the 305 workout is over, I am actually sad, because for those 55 minutes of dance cardio, I get to disconnect from my phone, forget about everything else going on that day, and just let it go, to the beat of the music. Plus, it’s not all about dance. There’s tons of jumping jacks, high knees, kickboxing moves, etc. that don’t even make the class feel like a dance class. So I reiterate. If you’re not a dancer, you can still do it!
So, I encourage you to not only try something new, but to find that class that you are excited about going to. The one that doesn’t make you want to snooze your alarm when it goes off in the morning. Take a class that you look forward to going to after work, that you don’t dread all day long. Do a workout that makes you feel good and that you enjoy doing. It’ll be that much more rewarding.
So, this wouldn’t be Fit for Free, if there weren’t some freebies to offer right? 🙂 Here’s a list of all the promos that 305 Fitness is running right now:
- Take a FREE 305 Pop Up Class. View the schedule here. P.S. there’s one coming up this Tuesday.
- Sign up here for The Sweat Sessions FREE 305 Fitness class, taking place July 18th at 7:00 PM. See ya there 😉
- Summer Fridays: Bring a co-worker for FREE every Friday this summer at the Midtown studio only. Bring your +1 for free, on a drop-in basis only, for 305’s 1:00 PM, 2:30 PM, or 4:30 PM classes. Do it today!
- Check in on Yelp 10 times and you’ll receive a FREE class.
- Look out for their community classes. 305 Fitness holds $15 community classes for their new instructors to give it a go before they officially get on the schedule. That’s pretty much half off their regular price. Although there are no community classes taking place at this time, I will definitely let you guys know when the next round comes on the schedule so be on the lookout 🙂
- If you refer 3 friends to 305 and they pay for class, you get a FREE credit in your account.
- And last but not least…#TheOtherYou Summer Challenge! Here’s what you need to do: Take 2 photos or videos of you, post on Instagram and use the “Swipe Left” feature. These photos or videos should show “You” and “The Other You” Whatever that means to you 🙂 Make sure to tag @305fitness and use the hashtag #TheOtherYou. Just for posting, you’ll receive 15% off a class or package. In addition, 1 weekly winner will receive a FREE class. AND 1 winner will get chosen for one month of unlimited Cardio, Sculpt and Flow Classes AND the winner will be picked on August 15th.
Ahhhh, the odds are too funny. August 15th happens to be my birthday 🙂 A 305 class is always a good gift…hint, hint, Mom & Dad 😉
So, to confirm…you do not need to be able to do a body roll to take this class. You do not need to be able to twerk, or shake your booty. Let me assure you: I can’t do either of those things. You just need to want to be there, and trust me you’ll be pretty impressed with yourself.
So find that class, that workout, that makes you happy. That you look forward to going to. It may not be the same for you as it is for me and guess what? It probably won’t be. Surprise yourself and try something new, I encourage you. And hey, what’s the worst that could happen? 😉